What is Digital Marketing?
Marketing that is done through digital devices or the internet is referred to as digital marketing.
- Targeting the right audience
- Engaging with the audience
- Motivating the targeted audience to take action
- Well planned spending on campaigns
- Good Return on investment (ROI)
- It is about generating sales and/ or capturing leads from audiences that are spending time on the internet in finding answers to their queries
- Low cost: Online marketing strategy can be developed at a very low cost
- Easy to evaluate: It is easy to measure what is or not working well for business
- Engagement: Greater engagement with customers as they involve in various actions whenever they visit websites, they read about various products, provide reviews and so on.
- Visibility: Visibility is unlimited because when your business is online it can be seen anywhere in the world
- Retention: Customer retention is high because data can be easily collected from customers as and when they register themselves on a website. With the help that data customers can be contacted with best offers on regular basis.
- Conversion: It means converting non-interested customers to interested customers. Conversion is of two types- Micro and Macro. Micro means only converting noninterested customers to interested customers, whereas macro means micro conversion plus getting personal information of customers also. Conversion rate is 21-24% (according to report of 2016)
- Real time results: It is very easy to get real-time results with just a single click. For example how many visitors visited your website, conversion rate etc
- Customer Satisfaction: It is very high because they can opt in or out of any communication according to their own choice.
Reasons for preferring digital marketing over traditional marketing
- Reach: Target audience can be reached easily in many ways such as paid advertising, blogging, email marketing etc More than one-third of world’s population is on the internet so they all can be targeted easily through Digital marketing
- Conversion Rate: It is 21-24% which is very high as compared to traditional marketing
- Cost: It takes very less amount of money to develop a digital marketing strategy.